The Frustration is real today!

The frustration is real today or yesterday!!   So my day started out normal. I first had to wake all my kids up at home and get them moving, then take my niece to work and my youngest to choir all by 7:30 this morning. My youngest had to make sure she had lunch, her giant backpack, three items for her book report, a flute, items needed for history fair and her volleyball uniform and other things. We made it just in time for her to go to choir. I then called my other two children to make sure they had started on their way to school and had remembered everything. I got to school and tried to post my day one slice of life.  Somehow I opened the website and not realizing it had opened day one for the wrong year.  I then asked two other people why I couldn’t post my blog and they tried to help me. One sent me a new link and it was for day one 2020. The other teacher sent me screen shots of what I should be doing on my phone and I totally confused her when I said that was what I did and sent her a screenshot of what I saw. Of course she couldn’t see the top that told her I was clueless and in the wrong year!!  I was able to get help during my one and only special of the day. Then I had to make a phone call to help my niece.  

Not only did I have all these crazy things happening personally, the kids were crazy today. My class is pretty well behaved normally, except for the token one little friend who has his days. Well today was a bad day for that friend after having several fairly good days. He went from throwing a fit saying he couldn’t do something to giving me hugs and wanting to show me how well he could do it. At lunch my little friend and another boy decided to finish and then as the one spun around on the floor the other decided it would be a great idea to slide across the floor and they both stopped when their heads hit each other. I struggled to have sympathy for them. The one boy realized I was not happy with his choice and suddenly said he was better. I said well I believe I have told you both before that sliding and being silly on the floor is not acceptable in our room and now you know why.   During guided reading today my group struggled to work on their own so that I could work with my groups.  I had one saying she couldn’t get her eyes to stop watching people and another one crying that he couldn’t get his headphones to let him listen. 

Great things that happened today:  Robyn bought everyone amazing paczki’’s for Fat Tuesday!!  My daughter won her volleyball game however I only saw the last few minutes of it, but staying happy I did see her make the winning point and several parents told me what a great game she had and how she had served so many points they made her serve overhand instead of underhand! I also was able to pick up my niece from work and pick up my other daughter from her art class. All while my dinner that was in the slow cooker turned out to be amazing.

10 thoughts on “The Frustration is real today!

1. Wow! What a busy day you had! I know we do what we must and I’m hoping you can savor a bit of time for you. Tech can be so discouraging, here’s hoping things go bettter from here onward.

2. I totally felt the chaos and frustration of your day! Isn’t it wild how much preparation it takes to get our kids to school with all their different things?? I hope today goes much better 🙂

3. Take those small successes, Jill, as major WINS! You’re here with an engaging Slice—and more than a few readers who nod their heard in total agreement. I’ll visit again, tomorrow. Hang in there!

4. That sounds like a challenging day! That sentence listing all the things your daughter had to bring with her was a great visualization of how packed the day was. I’m glad you were able to figure out how to post your piece!

5. You have offered such insight into how frustrating a teacher’s day can be, how it is always one thing after another. I hope you keep chugging on with this Slice of Life challenge; it will only be frustrating for a short bit, as you get accustomed to how it all works. Then, you reap the happy rewards! (smile!) I loved this phrase – “they both stopped when their heads hit each other.” hahaha

6. Is this the day in the life of a mom and teacher or what!?! Way to slay the day, even through moments of frustation.

7. I’m sorry I missed your crazy day and was not there to support you! Sounds like your guided reading friends were some of my friends..
    I’m glad you hung in there and realized and wrote about how your day turned around..