3/15 Just a little Crazy

Yesterday was a little bit crazy for the kids. The weather was nice and the sun was shining and then we had things happening outside our school that made us stay inside.   This is hard for kindergarteners to understand. Overall they dealt with it fairly well and luckily we had PE which helped us get our movement in and then there is always Go Noodle.  At first we were not sure if we would be able to do our guided reading since we were at a soft lockdown. By the time it was supposed to start though we were told kids could move inside the building. This was great news because teaching reading is one of my favorite things to do during the day. I did need to quickly rearrange my plans since other things were different today, but since I love teaching reading I always have more than enough things I want to teach them.  We worked on finding key details in a true story. It happened to be on iReady and it was about Pandas.  The kids enjoyed the story especially since it informs us all that, “after they eat bamboo they take a nap and while they are asleep they poop about 40 times!”  What kid wouldn’t want to make sure they were paying attention to the book now in case any more interesting facts about a Panda pops up.   Overall besides being stuck inside, my class and the other kindergarten classes survived and learned a lot today. It is fun teaching kindergarten and discovering all that they can learn each day.  As a kindergarten team we support each other and getting to know each others students is special no matter what day of the week it is. 

1 thought on “3/15 Just a little Crazy

1. I love that you were able to find a positive way to deal with the soft lockdown. I also love that you are back “home’ in Kindergarten!