Teenager driving with a 28 ft. trailer!?!

3/29  So I don’t think I was ready for it yesterday, but my 17 year old son just drove the truck and trailer. I sat in the back seat and tried to keep my mouth shut with the help of my 13 year old who kept giving me Swedish fish to put in my mouth. Dustin actually for the most part did a great job. I think the fact that he seemed way more comfortable then I am driving it was a bit scary. I have driven the trailer only a couple of times and only because Brian was getting super tired. Now I make sure we just don’t drive super far in one day unless we have to. Today we actually only had about an hour drive, but still Dustin did great. He has since at least last year backed the truck up to the trailer to hook it up. Chloe at the last campsite got to pull the truck away from the trailer and back it up next to it. All this scares me, but the kids do a great job and Brian does a great job letting them. I let them drive at home and it is fine. On trips, I always think well there goes our vacation if they screw up or worse while Dustin was pulling our 28 ft. trailer today. The hike this morning in the Blackwater river state park was nice. We didn’t see any black bear or alligators. I did wake up to a deer outside our camper this morning and the kids saw lots of turtles and lizards or geckos. The day ended with the kids first swimming at the beach and the Dustin decided he was grilling the stakes and making the baked potatoes. Brian and I walked the short distance from our trailer back to the beach to see the sunset.

1 thought on “Teenager driving with a 28 ft. trailer!?!

1. Way to go Dustin! That’s amazing that he can do that already! I’m glad you didn’t see any black bears or alligators!!!! 😳