The Grand Finale

3/31

In Gamma Phi Circus we always had the Grand Finale at the end so I just feel as a first time slicer I need to do a grand finale, but I really don’t have one. 

We had a wonderful day in Florida yesterday. Haley and I woke up and went to just get some sun by the beach.   It was nice while the two of us could just have some quality time together. Slowly everyone came to visit us for a little bit. We then went and had lunch in the trailer. Our afternoon then led to all of us hanging out at the pool. The weather was so beautiful today and it was warm, but just a nice breeze so you didn’t get hot. The breeze also kept us off the gulf today as they said the wind was too strong today to go out on a fishing/ dolphin watching charter. Haley and I then decided to take Scout to the beach for some fun.  He did have a great time except for her and I get worried he is going to keep jumping right into the gulf and disappear. Scout of course then had to have a shower outside of the camper.  We ended the evening by going out to a nice restaurant where the boys could have their seafood items. This time I went ahead and had catfish, but Chloe and Haley had huge chicken sandwiches. I was jealous of theirs!  Mine was ok, but not exactly cooked the way I was thinking. 

Today is our last day in Florida and the kids want to hang out again and go shopping. We ended up getting a call from one of the charters we had called and went fishing and on a dolphin trip. It was a beautiful day with a little chill in the wind. The kids all caught a fish, but just small ones. He told us the water is a little chilly in March. The best part was that we saw several dolphins. One called half tail is an almost tame dolphin. He comes up to all the fishing boats. They let the kids feed him some of the fish we caught since he has half a tail and is half blind. That I would have to say would be my grand finale moment of this trip. SO sorry the dolphin is hurt, but feeding him made my teens excited. Overall writing these little slices of life has been fun and reading all the others can be very entertaining. I am glad that I succeeded in the challenge even when I had to struggle some to get wifi or my data to work!!  I did it and even though I don’t have a grand finale I do have to say, goodbye it’s been fun!!

3 thoughts on “The Grand Finale

1. Congratulations on making it through the challenge! Just making it to day 31 is grand finale enough! (And your trip sounds amazing!!!)

2. I’d say a day on a boat feeding dolphins is a great grand finale! Great job with the SOL challenge!