2nd Year SLicer!

March 1, 2023

This is my second year attempting to write everyday this month.  My name is Jill and I am a third grade teacher this year with three kids of my own and a niece that moved in with us. My husband Brian and I met in college at ISU in the Gamma Phi Circus where I taught him how to eat fire.  I believe I talked about that more last year. 

This year besides teaching and driving my kids around we have had some pretty big changes. The first one was that my dad moved out of my childhood home. He had lived there for 43 years so my mom and him had collected a lot of items in that time. I will probably write a story about that house because it was a pretty cool place. My friends from the past loved to hang out there and I have friends from now that are super disappointed that we never made that weekend trip to go and hang out there.   The big move for me was that I went from teaching kindergarten to third grade. My husband and I also decided to buy a house this past year and we are still waiting for that big move to happen. Maybe it will finally happen during this writing challenge. The new house has already given me tons of stories that will amaze anyone who reads about it. 

I look forward to reading about what everyone has been up to since this time last year and pick up some new people to read about and gain writing ideas from. I really wasn’t sure if I could fit this into my schedule this year with so many things happening, but then I thought that I need to also remember to take a little time for myself and I enjoyed taking time to complete the challenge last year so I should push myself to start it again. I hope you all enjoy this writing challenge and I hope that I am successful again this year!!

1 thought on “2nd Year SLicer!

1. Wow, you’re right, SO SO many big changes in your life this year. I admire how you handle it all with so much grace and positivity!
    I’m also so glad you’ve returned to another year of slicing. I look forward to reading more stories!