Days like today

Days like today I miss my mom. She would have been here helping us get the old house all packed up and everything organized into the new house. Actually, she would have been here any day before letting people in and out of our new house to work and watching to see if they were cleaning up after themselves. I love knowing that my mom was around when all my kids were born and they were all held by her and knew how loving she was. I wish however that my kids would have been able to experience so many more things with my mom. She loved holidays and I try, but they are just not the same without her. She also would have not missed very many of my kids’ activities. She might have lived 3 hours away but she would have been here to see every soccer game, volleyball, badminton, choir, band, dance, track meet, graduations and prom that she possibly could. She loved her family with all her heart and once she became a Grandma she always had so much love for them and pride in anything they did. I hate that Haley was only 3 when my mom died. Haley seems to really have my mom’s personality. She has several good friends and they all are not in the same “click”. Several people think she is their bestie. She is usually very happy and loves to be on the go. My mom would laugh when she was babysitting that once I went to work and the older two got on the bus, Haley would look at her and say “GO”!  Haley loves dressing up and my mom loved shopping for clothes for her kids so they would love hanging out still today and Haley would still be saying to her let’s go Grandma and off they would go.  

2 thoughts on “Days like today

1. Im very sorry you lost your mom, and when your daughter was so young. You never know what will bring back a strong memory or a moment when you know they would have done something different. It’s very good that you are able to write about it and thank you for sharing 🙂

2. I hope you continue to see your mom in Haley. Such a grateful and sad slice. It shows how wonderful of a human your mom was!