Spring Break?

Spring Break?

For those of you who have read my blogs and were thinking I would get a break this week to relax here is how it started.

I need to go back to Thursday night when I did my normal running kids around and getting dinner for everyone. About 9:00 my son calls from his robotics club and has cut his finger bad enough that he is driving to the emergency room. I then call my daughter’s dance company ask them to have her get her stuff ready so that I can pick her up a half hour early. Drop her off at home and race to the emergency room to meet my 18 year old. We wait over almost 3 hours for him to finally get the seven stitches he needed on his left hand index finger. By the time everything was said and done we got home around 1:00 am.  Of course, on Friday, I had to teach my class all day.

The weekend we did sleep in some, but we really needed to get things done at both houses so we were cleaning and packing as much as possible. Yesterday was the first real day of Spring Break because only Brian and my niece had  work. I however needed to meet the ductwork cleaners and the flooring guys at the new house after dropping my niece off at work by 7:30.  I then ran to the knee doctor because, WHY would the spot they took fluid off of heal 100% correctly. I couldn’t take more school off for this stupid knee. Then my daughter had an appointment that I needed to get her by 12:30.

My most exciting part of the day was at 2:30 when I was finally able to speak with a lawyer to help my niece get Social security that she should have had since birth. I need help doing this because it isn’t easy. My parents set up a college fund for all the grandkids which became hers when she turned 21. To get S.S. you can’t have more than 2,000 to your name and her having a job that doesn’t pay enough to live on could be a problem. All these rules seem crazy to me and cost a lot to get solved in all honesty. It needs to be done though because I can’t make this responsibility land on my kids some day and she needs help to live on her own and her money won’t last long at over 4,000 a month. 

After the lawyer it was back to packing and getting everything ready to move. Basically, it was another mentally and physically draining day, but one I needed to get done while there is no school.

1 thought on “Spring Break?

1. Oh Jill! So much to get done, but I know Kimber is so grateful to have you maneuver all this legal stuff for her. I know you have so much to do, so looking forward to summer break in 2 months and you will have time to relax then!