Candles No Thank you.

Candles- I think candles are pretty while they are burning, but I am allergic to several of the scents. This was discovered at my sister’s wedding shower. In our small town you get a community shower usually done at your church. Some people look at what you register for while others do not. I was my sister’s maid of honor so I was writing down the gazillion gifts she was getting. She was getting several scented candles and potpourri. My sister and I both started sneezing and our eyes started watering. We really figured it out on the way home when everything got worse with all the gifts so close together in the car. Once we got home we had to leave all the gifts in my parents garage so that my dad could go through and get rid of all the smelly ones. We had some really excited neighbors.  

My mom tried to have people spread the word for my shower, but I still got some. Now being a teacher every once in a while I get that famous candle. I am always glad when they have a lid. My daughters are also  very into candles and love how nice they smell. They get them from friends and just have to try them. They have learned to do it while mom isn’t home and won’t be for awhile and in the bathroom with the fan running.  Luckily, Brian isn’t allergic to them but he can’t stand most of them!!  Please don’t get me a scented candle.

2 thoughts on “Candles No Thank you.

1. Oh no, I’m sorry you can’t enjoy the scents but am glad your daughters know to wait when you aren’t home light them! We have a doctor at the hospital I worked at who we all know not to use smelly lotions or the febreze when she is working to prevent her sneezing as well.