Dance Mom’s Peer Pressure

Wow the things you do for peer pressure even as an adult!  The mom dance that the group talked me into by saying we don’t have to do Sunday on stage it will just be good exercise. Well, once you are in. You are in.  I informed the group that I had just come off a cane and had torn my PCL and meniscus.  I stayed in the back and Haley was super excited that I had done it.   She says we looked great. There were some mom’s who were really into the dance and then there was me. I tried to hide in the back as much as possible so that people couldn’t see that I could not squat and was being very careful with my knee. Later another mom from our group told me she didn’t go because she injured the top half of her body. If we could put our body together we would be much better. I told her she should have gone with us.  We only got 45 minutes to learn the dance and then there was no practice today. I showed Haley the video that we had made during class and she said I hid my knee issue well. My knee did hurt worse than it has in awhile last night. Anyway peer pressure or not it was fun hanging out with some of Haley’s other dance friend’s moms and doing something completely out of the ordinary, hurt knee or not!!  I succeeded and my daughter was super proud and her team told the 4 of us that we did great.